The Minories Garden Cafe
74 High St, Colchester, Essex CO1 1UE
The Minories Garden Cafe is situated at the end of the High Street/ top of East Hill, and is a stone's throw away from Colchester castle. It is joined to the Minories Art Gallery, and boasts a pleasant outdoor seating area (complete with Victorian folly!)
The Chef has helpfully been veganising a lot of the vegetarian options.
Their current vegan options are:
- Vegetable curry served with pilau rice and lime pickle, or jacket potato. (request no naan)
- Five bean chilli with jacket potato and salad OR rice and salad. (If ordering with rice request no cheese, no sour cream. If ordering with jacket potato request no coleslaw)
- Jacket potato with baked beans and salad. (request no coleslaw)
- Roast vegetable and houmus sandwich served with Fairfield crips (Note: on the menu this is a sandwich, but the loaves of bread may contain whey powder, so request a baguette or roll instead. Also request no coleslaw)
- Chefs’ Sharing Platter – fresh vegetable crudités with pitta bread and houmous
- Homemade potato wedges, served with sweet chilli dip (request no mayonaisse)
- Chefs’ Homemade Soup of the Day - always veggie and often vegan (served with a roll – ask for no butter; vegan spread unavailable at time of post).
- Drinks: a variety of herbal teas and pressed juices. Soya milk is available for tea or coffee.